Friday, September 12, 2008

Bedtime during the hurricane 9/12/08

Good Night... Everyone is headed to bed after a beautiful sunset. The wind has started to blow, the clouds are making circles in the sky. We've worked hard to prepare for Ike to come visit...

As Clark says, what's that H-thing... Oh yeah, the hurricane. I heard him in his room talking outloud all by himself... Dear God, could you please make this hurricane not come. You didn't really make it, did you?!


Clark also thinks we should be headed to Monkey Business for Adam's birthday party. Not tonight, Clark. Our sleepover in the living room...
We put mattresses against the windows...
Our pantry is our safe place if we need to go to an interior place. The kids want Peanut to go with us, but I think she'll have to go to the laundry room.
We did laundry and unplugged everything we could...All the dishes are washed... (we may not have water or electricity)

We turned the thermostat to 70 to try and cool it off in case we lose power...Bathtubs are filled, including saran wrap coated with vaseline to help make sure the stopper works tight...
Ice has been emptied and put in the freezer.
Extra water and food was bought... but I was appalled by the one item the stores had run out of that I needed...chocolate covered almonds.
I ended up calling my neighbor, Kelly, who I knew still needed to go the store, and asked her to buy a huge bag of peanut M&M's so that I could make it through the storm. Apparently, I'm sharing them with Jason because he keeps eating them. :) I'm terrible and put them in this red bucket so that I don't have an M&M bag sitting on the counter for the kids to see.We did a few more things, including, of course, making sure everyone is clean now in case we lose power and electricity. But, the part that cracks me up is that I decided to straighten my hair... afterall, if I don't have electricity, how would I fix my hair. As if it even matters... if it's hot, my hair will be in a ponytail looking terrible. AND, I didn't even fix my hair most of this week anyways, I just threw it in a ponytail. BUT, it is the fact that I might not be able to fix it!!! Good night. I'm going to go try and get a good night sleep with my family!!


No comments: