At 3:30am, Jason, Kate, and I woke up because we heard a loud noise. It turned out to be the 450 pound grill tipping over. It's kinda funny because we bought that heavy grill because we were sick of the smaller ones tipping over in rain storms. Who would have guessed that this one would flip to?! (We were able to pick it up and get it going again. Which was great because we needed to cook on it.)
The top gutter piece fell off:
Lots of branches down in the front...
By the time we threw most of them off the driveway, this is how big the pile was:
After 3:30am, I kept waking up because Jason was getting text messages from his brother John and our business partner John. They were coming starting at 5:45am about every 15-30 minutes. I didn't know what noise was waking me up, but after I actually woke up and Jason told me why his phone kept going off, I thought it was nice of them to check up on each other.
We finally got up around 7am.
The hurricane reminded me of the time a few years ago when we went tent camping with our church and a tornado came within a mile of our tent. We felt somewhat safe in the house/tent, but kept wondering if we should wake up enough to get to a safer place.
No comments:
Post a Comment