Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ike LOVED the office 8pm 9/13/08

In the afternoon, I recommended that Jason call the landlord so that he could tell us when power would be back on. (As many of you know, we started a company back in October 2002 of Integrity Structural Corp. Jason is the head engineer. I'm the behind the scenes helper that goes into the office to do extra things when they are needed.)

At 8pm, we got a call from the landlord at the office... but it wasn't about power. It was to tell us the roof had blown off the building and we should check out the damage. A curfew was in effect, but who cared?! Jason went to the office. I followed behind him about 30 minutes later with the camera and video camera. Thanks neighbors for checking on the kids and Mom & Dad for chatting with the kids on the phone. Here's a picture of part of the roof (I heard the 7000 lb AC unit is no longer on the roof, but is now in the field next to the office):

Here's some pictures from the office (we are renters on the first floor of a 2 story office building):

Walking around in the water... it hadn't even rained for probably 12-15 hours at this point, but we were sloshing through 2 inches of rain in parts. We quickly pulled the 13 remaining computers out of the office.See the rain coming down the walls?!About 80 hours of work was ruined on each of 12 desks.Things were just thrown off the desks by the ceiling tiles collapsing: This trash can was put out after the hurricane before the cold front blew in. So, we knew there was a continuous rain pour in the office. (This was on top of the desk in the picture above.)



All this destruction is sad...Here's the upstairs hallway looking down where the office used to be before we moved it downstairs:


Here's a bad picture into the destruction of suite 215:


See the ceiling in that old office (suite 215)... showing how it could have been worse:


I just wish I could bottle the smell of the office so you could fully appreciate the mess. Yuck.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow, Ike did some damage. I am happy no one was injured but what a loss still. Praying for y'all!