Thursday, July 24, 2008

Alyssa's Church Camp 7/11-7/12

This camp is created for a parent to go with the child and get used to the campgrounds so that when they go in future years, they will feel comfortable going with others.

It was much easier only having to make 4 gluten free meals at this camp!!!

It was interesting going with a diabetic child to camp. They decided to have smores right before bedtime... I didn't know about that or we would have made some yummy grahamn crackers... so she just ate the marshmallows. So, at bedtime, her numbers were really high. She was thirsty and had to go pee. I felt so bad for everyone else there, but I had to let her take care of the diabetes. I finally got her calmed down to sleep. Then, I checked her in the middle of the night and she was low, so I had to give her sugar. Then, she fell out of bed (another girl had fallen out of bed earlier in the night... at least they were both on the bottom bunks... poor Jo-Jo at Grant's camp fell out of the top bunk). Then, it was time to wake up. But, we had a good time and Alyssa enjoyed her time with me and with her new close friends from church. She especially liked playing tetherball.


Mackenzie, Emma, & Alyssa in the pool.

No comments: