Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wanted: Has anyone seen our dad?!

I ran across this picture when I was looking for a picture of something else. I thought it was funny. It was one of those impromptu moments where everyone climbed on top and my parents happened to be there with the camera.

Yet, since my husband has been working 80+ hour work weeks this whole summer (remember the post about why we went to San Antonio the week school let out... we left to give him guilt-free overtime working... it hasn't stopped), I thought it was a fitting picture. He's at the bottom of a bunch of fun needy people and we haven't seen him since Christmas... ok, May but it feels like that long. Where's my presents?! OR, his presence?! Hah.

BTW, do you know what it means to be a stay at home mom when your husband works overtime?! YOU work overtime!!! So, I've been working 80+ hour workweeks on top of all the camps and VBS's. That should be me at the bottom of the pile! (But, I'm glad it wasn't... that's a lot of weight on top.)

Anyways, Jason, if you are out there working, I love you and miss you! We hope to see you soon.

No comments: