Monday, August 25, 2008

Eye Appointment - This is interesting! 8/20

We took all 4 kids to the eye doctor. They all were slightly far-sighted, but she said that it was normal for kids to be farsighted as long as they improve. She said all the kids were improving, so they were fine.

The interesting thing I learned was that Grant is like 1 in every 12 males -- he can not distinguish between some colors -- like dark blue, purple, maybe black. This was interesting to me because I specifically remember asking him one time if he thought the dark blue shirt and the black pants he was wearing matched. He said yes. I thought no. We were both right.

This is a genetic issue passed down on the female side... so guys in my family really need to check this out!

Here's a test that shows the colors (answers are at the bottom):






If you can see all colors, you see:

45

56

25

29

6

8


Grant sees:

45 or 56

56 or 55

25

definitely 20!!

6 or 38

8 or 5 or 8



No comments: