Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thoughts from Clark...

Thought #1: "This is how much more my hair has to grow before it touches my weiner." Thought #2: Clark loves to show how tough he is... he's been doing this for a while, I just finally videotaped it... as seen in the background, I think brother eggs him on... (If you get this post by email and it doesn't show up, try going to the website to see the video.)







Thought #3:

Mommy: "Clark, why do you want to change out of the Superman costume? I just helped you put it on."

Clark: "Because Batman kisses more girls."

Grant: "Clark, go get on the rest of you costume, like your cape."

Clark: "No, I'm just going to pretend I have the rest on."

Mommy: "Grant, do you know why Clark wants to be Batman instead of Superman?"

Grant: "Why?"

Mommy: "Because Batman kisses more girls."

Grant: big smirk... "yes, I told him that."

Mommy: "Why did you want him to be Batman?"

Grant: "I just did... so I told him that."

Mommy: "Clark, why do you have the light sabor?" (Note: Grant is dressed up as a Jedi.)

Clark: "To fight Grant."

Thought #4: Clark can read now...

Clark was playing on Grant's Skateboard game on the TV. He told me he was playing "Free Scat-E". I told him the "E is actually silent making the A say it's name, so it is free "skate". He went to the next page and I asked him what he was playing and he read it. So, he is officially a reader now. (He's been reading Dick & Jane for about a year now, but this is the first time I would classify him as a reader. He turned 4 in March.)

This is all fine and good until we are laying down and I turn the guide on TV to watch one of my shows and Clark says, "Mom, I want Spongebob." That's where it all goes wrong... when your child can read the guide on the tv and you have to start hiding the shows they want. :)

Thought #5: Clark wants to play soccer. (This is a picture of his new ball:)

So, I'm looking on the computer to see where I want him to play. At first I search for soccer at the YMCA, so google throws up 20 links per page like it normally does. One of them apparently says something about "2006." Clark says, "2006?! Aw man... I already DID 2006."



I decided to have him play through Fairfield Sports Association because I've heard good things about it and all practices and games should be only about 7 minutes away in Fairfield subdivision. But, when I clicked on the registration page, I was surprised by the price at first... it was like $105 or something... but that includes 10 games, the shirt, shorts, and socks... so it is reasonable... Anyways, when I said, "Wow. $105." Clark put his hand on me and said, "Mommy, can we just pretend like I have that much money?"



Clark was so excited, he decided he had to call "Ms. Courtney." That would Penny's sister... they used to live 2 houses down and thankfully still work for us at Integrity Structural Corp. So, Clark grabs the phone and asks me, "What's her number, Mommy?" I pull it up on the computer so he can see it. He looks at her name and rattles off all 10 numbers (it's 10 digit dialing here in Houston). Then, on the phone dials 832- looks it up, dials the next 3 - looks it up and dials the last 4 digits and hits "talk" so he can tell her all about it. We love Ms. Courtney who doesn't mind phone calls like that!!!

No comments: