Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kate gets a letter FROM THE PRESIDENT!!! 7/30/08

Kate is so excited!!!! She received a letter from the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ***SCREAM*** CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!***SCREAM!!!***

*** CALLING ALL FRIENDS: I GOT A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT!!!***


For Girl Scouts, she was working on her Food Power badge and found section 9: Speak Your Mind. It asks "What advice would you give the President of the United States to end hunger in this country... write the President a letter at: Mr. President, The White House, Washington, DC 20505, or send an email mailto:president@whitehouse.gov"


So Kate wrote a letter and mailed it off. It said something like this:


"I've heard a lot about all the organizations we have for the homeless and I've seen a lot of hungry people out on the streets. I was starting to think there are not enough organizations even though there is over a hundred. I would like to start a new organization where two cities from each state would try to collect over 3000 food items and we could call it "Community Cooperation". Please email me back and she left her email address or write back to our address."




A few months later, George Bush wrote her back and included a picture & stickers that say "Barney thinks you did a great job!" The letter says:

"Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views. I always enjoy hearing from young Americans, and I appreciate your thoughtful suggestions.

I am honored to serve as President of such a great Nation, and we are blessed to live in a land where opportunity is limited by the size of our dreams. The key to unlocking these opportunities is knowledge, so I encourage you to study hard and learn something new every day. By applying your education, your character, and your compassion, you can help build a better America and write a hopeful new chapter in our history.


Mrs. Bush and I send our best wishes. May God bless you, and may God bless America.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush"











***SCREAM AGAIN... IT IS SO AWESOME***

No comments: